CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, June 13, 2011

Booking Through Thursday

All things being equal (money, space, etc), would you rather own copies of the books you read? Or borrow them? - Booking Through Thursday


**Yes, I realize it isn't Thursday but this past Thursday I was swamped with clients so I figured a few days late was better than not doing it... right?**

Hmm... this is a hard one. I love owning the books but then I think borrowing is so good. My biggest issue with borrowing is I wish the authors had a way of still getting paid from all the borrowing of the books and a way to track it. I feel bad at times when I realize that all the books I read the author isn't getting any $$ cash for it. On the other hand, borrowing and second hand book stores save on some trees. What I tend to do is then buy the books/series that I loved and figure I would read again. This way I can still support my beloved authors but I don't end up with oodles of books I was 'meh' about.

However, the question does state that money, space... etc isn't a factor. If that WAS the case than I would want to own and write my thoughts in the books and have friends be able to come to my little library and borrow. The thought of a large room filled with books makes me happy.

No comments: