CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Booking Through Thursday

Do you read book reviews? Whose do you trust? Do they affect your reading habits? Your buying habits? - Booking Through Thursday


I do indeed read book reviews. I find it an amazing way to keep on-top of upcoming releases, new authors or series that I've never heard about or that have been around for awhile but I have had my head in a hole. For example, if it weren't for Jessica's blog: A GREAT Read I would never have picked up Rachel Vincent's Shifters series, which I have loved reading and is a favorite series of mine.

Generally I tend to trust those reviewers that seem to have the same reading taste as me, that doesn't always mean that I'll 100% agree with their reviews but because I know we have similar tastes there is a comfort there. And when they toss out a new book genre I am more inclined to give it a try. I read because I love getting sucked into a new world, not because it is the 'it' book of the month.

No comments: