CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Generation Dead: Kiss of Life - Daniel Waters

TITLE: Generation Dead: Kiss of Life

AUTHOR: Daniel Waters

SUMMARY: The phenomenon that's been sweeping the country seems to be here to stay. Not only are the teenagers who have come back from their graves still here, but newlydeads are being unearthed all the time. While scientists look for answers and politicians take their stands, the undead population of Oakville have banded together in a group they're calling the Sons of Romero, hoping to find solidarity in segregation.

Phoebe Kendall may be alive, but she feels just as lost and alone as her dead friends. Just when she reconciled herself to having feelings for a zombie -- her Homecoming date Tommy Williams -- her friend Adam is murdered taking a bullet that was meant for her. Things get even more confusing when Adam comes back from the grave. Now she has romantic interest in two dead boys; one who saved her life, and one she can't seem to live without. - From Publisher

REVIEW: Some will love this second installment, I am not one of them.

The first book didn't hook me as much as I wanted it to and the second one didn't make the cut either. The concept was really cool and I like the political and acceptance issues that were brought in and think Waters did a good job is reminding people that while we may not understand things it doesn't mean we should try to destroy or shun it either. I just generally found the book boring. It had moments where it grabbed me but it didn't hold my attention. I often had to force myself to sit down and pick it up.

Along with lack of attention holding I found the concept of lusting after the zombie disturbing, which is odd because I'm always fine with it in the vampire genre.

Perhaps this series is better read with the understanding that the book is more a tale about acceptance. Because from that angle it's a real cautionary tale. From the perspective I read this with just left me bored.

Not sure I'll be snagging the next book, of course I said the same thing about the second book.

RATING: ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

No comments: