CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Strange Angels - Lili St. Crow


Specials
TITLE: Strange Angels

AUTHOR: Lili St. Crow

SUMMARY: Dru Anderson has what her grandmother called "the touch". (Comes in handy when youare traveling from town to town with your dad, hunting ghosts, suckers, wulfen, and the occasional zombie.)

Then her dad turns up deadabut still walking and Dru knows she's next. Even worse, she's got two guys hungry for her affection, and they are not about to let the fiercely independent Dru go it alone. Will Dru discover just how special she really is before coming face-to-fang with whatever or "whoever"a is hunting her? - From Publisher

REVIEW: I am torn with this book; sorta sitting on the fence, waiting to read "Betrayals" before I make my final verdict. I enjoyed the book, yet at the same time I felt like Crow hasn't fully found her footing in this 'verse. There were some strong elements that reminded me of TV's hit show "Supernatural" and it appears that in the second book ("Betrayals") I may be reminded of Mead's VA series. In no way am I saying that Mead & Kripke own all rights on family hunting businesses or school for supernatural just that this book didn't stand on it's own enough considering some of the sameness.

This book read more like as set-up for the second book and I felt like we finally got into the story just as it was ending. When I was finally sinking into the characters and the roles they all played the book ended and now I just want to get my hands on the second book so I can see how things pan out.

Still, despite some of the elements that ruffled my feathers I'm all for a strong female lead that can kick the tail of some serious baddies. I feel like that's what I got from Dru in this book and that come the second book we'll get it in spades, which I'm really looking forward to. I love how awkward she is with affection and how closed off she is. She often sticks her head in the sand when it comes to dealing with feelings.

Hopefully with the second book this 'verse will shape into it's own as concept has huge potential to be an explosive and addicting series.

RATING: ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

To see more books I've read and reviewed, plan on reading or currently reading please check out my Shelfari

No comments: