CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, April 9, 2010

sTori Telling - Tori Spelling

TITLE: STori Telling

AUTHOR: Tori Spelling

SUMMARY: She was television''s most famous virgin -- and, as Aaron Spelling''s daughter, arguably its most famous case of nepotism. Portraying Donna Martin on Beverly Hills, 90210, Tori Spelling became one of the most recognizable young actresses of her generation, with a not-so-private personal life every bit as fascinating as her character''s exploits. Yet years later the name Tori Spelling too often closed -- and sometimes slammed -- the same doors it had opened.

sTORI telling is Tori''s chance to finally tell her side of the tabloid-worthy life she''s led, and she talks about it all: her decadent childhood birthday parties, her nose job, her fairy-tale wedding to the wrong man, her so-called feud with her mother. Tori has already revealed her flair for brilliant, self-effacing satire on her VH1 show So NoTORIous and Oxygen''s Tori & Dean: Inn Love, but her memoir goes deeper, into the real life behind the rumors: her complicated relationship with her parents; her struggles as an actress after 90210; her accident-prone love life; and, ultimately, her quest to define herself on her own terms.

From her over-the-top first wedding to finding new love to her much-publicized -- and misunderstood -- "disinheritance," sTORI telling is a juicy, eye-opening, enthralling look at what it really means to be Tori Spelling. - From Publisher

REVIEW: Let me start off by saying, "Donna Martin Graduates!". There. I feel much better.

I never found Tori Spelling to be all that engaging until a.) later 90210 episodes where we got more from her character and b.) watching reruns of her Tori & Dean reality shows. I am that proverbial cat where curiosity generally gets me every time, so I had to pick up this book. I'm glad that curiosity was once again my friend and I didn't end up cursing my inquisitive nature. I ate through this in one reading and pretty much hit all the emotions on the wheel, yes I did get teary eyed and perhaps a tear was shed... or two.

I remember watching an episode of her reality show where she's at a book signing for her second book and fans are saying that she's just so real and normal. I rolled my eyes but after reading this book I wish you could retract past eye rolls because they were right. She is rather normal for having the upbringing that she did.

For all you Spelling haters out here, I can't say this book will change your view point on this Hollywood blonde but it's certainly entertaining. She has a refreshing voice and it read honest and real. I feel, after reading this, that perhaps she's a bit misunderstood and truly funny. Tori's got a way of sharing a story that makes you feel like you're in her inner circle of friends, having a few drinks on a roof top hotel bar while another Tori powwow is had. I didn't find her pretentious or snobby, the book was far more down to earth; with her taking blame, admitting wrongs and sharing her heart.

Guiltily I have to admit all the 90210 information (Luke Perry starting a fist fight at her families annual Christmas party) made me delighted. I fully admit to having a behind the scenes addiction and this book gave me lots of goodies.

All around I loved this book and will be picking up her second and third book. "sTori Telling" made me a bit of a fan of this quirky blonde.

RATING: ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

No comments: